Human Rights Commission event, Mexico City, 2014
On October 31, 2014, the Human Rights Commission of the Federal District, Mexico (CDHDF), held a first forum on “Inter Visibilidad, Visibility Intersex” to makr Intersex Awareness Day. The event was organized by Brújula Intersexual and Dr. Eva Alcántara, an expert on intersex issues. It included speeches and readings by Commission staff, researchers, intersex activists and persons:
- A welcoming statement by the President of the Commission, Dr. Perla Gómez Gallardo.
- A speech by Dra. Eva Alcántara. Research professor at UAM Xochimilco.
- ￼Text readings, including “Vagina ¿Mi felicidad?” by Lupita Eía, and “Brújula Intersexual”, by Laura Inter.
- A keynote speech by Mauro Cabral. Director of GATE (Global Action for Transgender Equality).
- Statements on child rights, and adolescents by a human rights specialist, and statements on public policy matters.
You must be logged in to post a comment.